Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Capitol Hill Party Crasher

Well tonight I did what most college students do.. I crashed a party. I didn't do it intentionally and I didn't even know there was a party going on. But tonight I crashed the party of one of the most powerful men in America or the world for that matter the Speaker of the House of Representatives. He throws the original house party in the original home of the House of Representatives.

The original home of the House of Representatives now called Statuary Hall is magical to me, its hallowed ground. This room witnessed some of the greatest events in America. Its the place where Abraham Lincoln spoke while he was a member of Congress. Now picture in your mind a buffet line where Lincoln's desk used to be.

People eating and drinking in one of the most historical rooms in the US. Few ever get that opportunity. There were security guards at the front of the Hall but because I had my Capitol Hill id they let me through.

There were around 100-200 people in the room. I saw Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert Rep. Tom Osborne and a lot of little children running around.

The reason for the party is that today they lit the Capitol Hill Christmas tree. Its a really beautiful tree from Washington state with blue and red lights. But it seems like there are more blue lights than red lights this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so lucky.

Jessie the fact runner!