Friday, December 1, 2006

Lobbyists and Cockroaches Separated at Birth?

On Capitol Hill the office buildings are small places and you never can tell who you going to run into. Well on one elevator trip down I ran into two lobbyists from Louisiana. I asked what issues they are working for and whether its easier to get money from Republicans or the Democrats? He said that they advocate all types of issues and both Republicans and Democrats give money but for different reasons.

Then he asked me what state I was from? I replied Arizona. What he said was classic ... Arizona well their Congressmen are not known for their largess. At that moment I was really proud of my State. But I got the impression that if we every experienced a dirty bomb attack (Let us pray that it never happens) in the Washington DC area two things will remain. Lobbyists and Cockroaches.

No comments: